Exceptional Communities With Exceptional Locations
January 19, 2016 04:11 PM
The MARC train station near East of Market, the Zip Car spots at Winexburg Manor, and a Metro station on the Red Line that runs near several communities.
When looking for a new apartment community, it is important for the apartment renter to assess the location of that community in comparison to necessary or desired points of interest such as means of transportation, schools, shopping centers, and other locations.
In the list below, read about several of the key aspects of location to consider and see a sample of Grady managed communities that offer those features to residents:
1) Proximity to transportation: When looking to rent an apartment, a common priority is access to means of transportation.
- Metrorail system: Several Grady communities are located in close proximity to Metrorail stops, making them ideal locations if a renter does not own a car or simply wants to use the Metro to ride to work or into Washington D.C. For example:
- 3350 at Alterra in Hyattsville, Maryland is a 12 minute walk to the Prince George's Plaza Metro station located on the Green Line,
- Halpine View Apartments in Rockville, Maryland is only a 10 minute walk to the Twinbrook Metro station located on the Red Line, and
- Parkside Terrace in Silver Spring, Maryland is located a 12 minute walk to the Silver Spring Metro station on the Red Line.
- Bus Stops: Other communities are close to bus stops- some Grady managed communities have bus stops right outside of the community, only a quick walk from a resident's front door. These include:
- MARC Train stations: The MARC commuter train line is a system of trains that run during the week, and sometimes the weekend, throughout the day. These trains either depart from or arrive at Union Station in Washington, D.C. Communities located near a MARC train line include:
- East of Market Apartments in Frederick, Maryland, which is located less than a five minute drive or 15 minute bike ride to the Frederick MARC train stop on the Brunswick line and
- Fox Rest in Laurel, Maryland, which is located near the Laurel MARC stop on the Camden line.
2) Proximity to schools: Another priority for many apartment renters can include the distance between a community and nearby schools. Several Grady managed communities that are located close to schools include:
3) Proximity to shops and restaurants: Some apartment renters enjoy living in an apartment community that is a close commute to shops, restaurants, and entertainment venues. Several Grady manged apartment communities that are close to several points of interest include:
- Arden Place Apartments in Charlottesville, Virginia that is near a shopping mall, grocery store, and several restaurants,
- Georgia West in Silver Spring, Maryland that is located a ten minute walk from two grocery stores, pharmacies, and Downtown Silver Spring that contains a shopping mall, restaurants, and two movie theaters, and
- Pilot House in Newport News, Virginia that is a 15 minute walk to multiple points of interest including a movie theater, bank, and shopping area with various stores and restaurants.
Many other Grady communities not listed above are near locations desired by apartment renters, such as airports, recreation centers, colleges, and more! Take a look at all of these communities on the Grady Management website.