Grady Management Gives Back During 2018 Grady Gives
December 11, 2018 10:08 AM
In 2018, the Grady Management team committed to give back even more in the local community through the Grady Gives initiative. The team donated time, money, and/ or resources to several non profit and local organizations, including:
1) Comfort Cases: In January, Grady team members came together to gather supplies for Comfort Cases. The Comfort Cases non profit supports children and teens placed in foster care by providing them with backpacks, books, toiletries, school supplies, and more when moving from home to home. Often, those moving from foster homes do not have time to pack their belongings, so they may arrive at homes without necessary items. The Grady team compiled backpacks, toiletries, and more for this organization.
2) InterFaith Works: This winter, the Grady Management team assisted the non profit organization InterFaith Works. The organization assists local families by providing them with supplies and programs such as a clothing center, vocational services, and housing services. The team gathered winter gloves, scarves, and hats to donate to the clothing center during the 2018 winter season.
3) Montgomery County Coalition for the Homeless: The Montgomery County Coalition for the Homeless helps local individuals experiencing homeless by providing an emergency shelter, permanent housing services, and numerous other programs throughout the year such as a Back to School Drive. This year, the Grady team became a sponsor of the MCCH 2018 Gala honoring the First Responders of our community.
4) Humane Society of Fairfax County: This spring, the entire Grady Management team came together to donate pet food, blankets, litter, and toys to the Humane Society of Fairfax County, Virginia. We donated more than eight boxes of pet supplies to the humane society during Grady Gives.
5) Shepherd's Table: Shepherd's Table is a non profit organization based in Silver Spring, Maryland that provides at least two daily meals to the Montgomery County community. Shepherd's Table also offers classes, a clothing closet, and a resource center for clients. During Grady Gives, the Grady team visited Shepherd's Table twice. In the spring, the team helped to serve a lunchtime meal to Shepherd's Table clients. In the fall, the team sponsored a Bright Meal, a special event in which we helped to design a menu and serve a meal.
6) Stephen Knolls School: The Grady team assisted the Property Management Association's Community Service Committee annual service project at the Stephen Knolls School in Kensington, Maryland. The team assisted with several school beautification projects such as trimming and replanting in the school garden. Our Director of Maintenance, Mr. Mark Rasavage, even returned to the school later to install more outdoor chalk boards for the students at the school.
7) Duckworth School: Several Grady team members and communities came together to support the Apartment and Office Building Association of Metropolitan Washington's Clean Up Day at the Prince George's County school, the James E. Duckworth school. The Clean Up Day assisted in preparing the school for the Special Olympics event that occurred there on May 19 of this year.
8) Manna Food Center: This Food Center located in Gaithersburg, Maryland provides food items to five percent of all Montgomery County residents. This year, Grady Management team members and residents came together to donate more than 280 pounds of food to this organization.
9) Montgomery County Public Schools and Prince George's County Public Schools: For the past several years, the Grady Management team and communities have hosted a Back to School Supply Drive. This year, Grady Management donated multiple backpacks, binders, notebooks, folders, and more to support the students of these two school systems.
10) A Wider Circle: The mission of A Wider Circle is to support people in the goal to eliminate poverty. This year, the Grady Management team participated in A Wider Circle's Hula Hoop Challenge, a social media campaign that aimed to spread awareness of the mission of A Wider Circle. The Grady team coupled this involvement with a financial donation.
11) The Children's Inn: The Children's Inn in Bethesda, Maryland hosts families who are involved in research at the National Institutes of Health in their residential building. Earlier this year the Inn experienced an emergency when a portion of the roof of their residential building experienced some damage, causing a closure. The Grady team provided a financial donation to the organization to assist with necessary costs.
12) The Greater DC Diaper Bank: Currently, the Grady team is gathering packages of diapers to donate to the non profit organization The Greater DC Diaper Bank, which distributes diapers to organizations that assist families in Maryland, DC, and Virginia.
In addition to the organizations listed above, Grady Management also provided financial donations to several organizations such as St. Jude's Hospital and the Wounded Warrior Project.
Thank you to everyone who supported the Grady Gives efforts this year!
Don't forget to read all our last news feature about our Maintenance Supervisor Hollis Phifer's Engineer of the Year award. View our website or visit us on Facebook to learn more about Grady Management.